My Blog List

Monday, January 16, 2012

The Monday after CPC hangover!

Not only did I leave the warm weather in Florida, to come home to 20 degree weather, but after being around so many great leaders-you feel the let down.  As I sit here I found myself wishing that I was in some one else's shoes.  We sit and think about how the guy at the bigger church has it easier or makes more money or has to be better then you cause he has more children in his ministry.  But after a God size slap in the face!  I came back to reality.  Why do we feel the need to try to size people up?  One thing I learned is the guys that I looked up to, the guys I dream about being, are just normal guys.  The reason they got to where they are is, they are humble!  They are just normal guys they have their own problems that come with where they are.  On the way to the airport I was on a bus with Justyn Smith....who I think is an amazing man of God I was so impressed with his kind words and affirmation.  He is where he is today because of his humility in leadership.  Sam Luce is another one, he is a man that I wake up every morning looking to see if he has a new blog post, or some new insight.  After sitting in 2 of his conferences I was glad to see his heart.  Finally, I have so much respect with where Michael Chanley is taking INCM in a great direction.  I was only able to shake his hand and thank him for what he does but in that short time looking in his eyes, I know he is real!

So this Monday morning hangover after CPC is real!  We have been around so much hype and awesome worship and great speakers, and now back to reality.   Wherever you are, you're doing Gods work which is a divine calling no matter the size of your church or weather other children's pastors know your name or not.  So what am I doing to battle this hangover?   Praying!   Praying for my ministry to grow not in numbers but in children's lives coming to Christ!  Yesterday we started a church wide 2 week  fast.  As pastors were Hungry for some things to happen in our church,  were praying for lives to come to know God were praying for our church to grow,  were praying that we will have broken ground on our new building by the end of the year,  were praying for our youth and children and leaders!  Also, for me I am praying for male leadership in my church and in this country.  I have a passion to see men step up in leadership.  Being at  CPC we saw the lack of male leadership.  As men we need to step up and be men of faith!   So I am praying for all of you who are in leadership in the world,  I'm praying for your ministries and your churches.  Were are all in it for the same goal!  Think what we can do together!  Get over the hangover and get busy where you serve, for God has placed you there for a reason!

1 comment:

  1. Jordan thanks for your kind words and for coming to CPC it was a blast and truly and honor to be apart of. Hope to see you again next year.

    ReplyDelete